Tofu Vegan Fried Rice. Easy, vegan fried rice loaded with tender vegetables, crispy baked tofu, and tons of flavor! A healthy, satisfying plant-based side or entrée. And I've gotta admit, it also tastes much better than some of the one-hour meals I whip out.
Joey O'Hare has created a vegan take on egg-fried rice in her tofu-fried rice recipe and it is absolutely delicious! She uses silken tofu which has a texture reminiscent of scrambled egg, Tilda wholegrain rice for a healthier alternative to the usual white rice and kala namak (black salt); a naturally sulphurous salt which gives off a pleasant 'eggy' aroma. Vegan fried rice is a great one-pan recipe that combines grains, proteins and veggies for a balanced meal that is easy to make. You can make Tofu Vegan Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Vegan Fried Rice
- You need 2 cup of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 large of dice onion.
- You need 1 of dice prefried soft tofu.
- You need 2 cup of bak choy stem only.
- It’s of seasoning.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of peri peri chili sauce or fine chili powder (optional ).
This recipe uses scrambled tofu in place of the scrambled egg in traditional fried rice, which gives this dish some protein and delicious texture. It's also made with brown rice for some added fiber and whole-grains, though you can use any type of rice you like to. Best tofu for Vegan Fried Rice. For this tofu fried rice recipe, look for extra-firm tofu that is not water-packed, such as Trader Joe's High-Protein Tofu or Super Firm or Sprouted Tofu.
Tofu Vegan Fried Rice Preparation
- cooked rice as usually then set aside.
- in pan with oil saute tofu and onion with bak choy stem for 2 minutes.
- add cooked white rice then seasoning stir fry till mix well about 3 minutes.
- BELIW ARE FEW IF MY TOFU RECIPE, I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335052-tofu-and-carrot-noodle-soup https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335718-tofu-and-lettuce-with-mushroom https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334013-tofu-and-wakame-in-miso-soup https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360851-tofu-and-bak-choy-vegan-in-5-minute.
These types of tofu do not have excess water and do not need to be pressed. Cook the rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain off any excess water. Crumble about half of the package of firm or extra-firm tofu into a bowl then add the rest of the scrambled tofu ingredients and mix well until all the bits of tofu are coated. Vegan Fried Rice with Tofu vegan, gluten-free This vegan fried rice makes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.