Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth. Mussels cooked in a spicy and aromatic coconut broth with Thai curry flavors. [Photographs: J. I've gone on record as saying that mussels are the easiest choose-your-own-adventure one-pot meal around, and I intend to prove it to you. This version uses my standard steamed mussel.
Fry onion until translucent, add the salt to prevent it from burning. Add chilli and fry for a few minutes. Add stock and coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. You can make Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth
- It’s 2 lb of mussels, in shell, washed, debearded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cup of baby bok choy, trimmed, cut into 1in. pieces.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, seeded, finely julienned.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (unsweetened), well shaken.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 4 each of lime wedges.
Ensure the mussels are cleaned and scraped with a sharp knife. View top rated Mussels in thai coconut broth recipes with ratings and reviews. My plating design with mussels in Thai coconut broth. Mussels are the perfect versatile dish, great for a dinner party or a quick weeknight meal.
Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth Step by step
- Place the mussels in the saucepan; discard any that fail to close to the touch. Add the wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and cook, shaking, until the mussels open, about 5 minutes..
- Save the liquid and transfer the mussles to a bowl, discarding any that failed to open; cover and keep warm..
- Pour the liquid through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth (muslin) and set aside..
- Wipe out pan; add the oil and heat over medium heat..
- Add the bok choy, bell pepper, shallots, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost soft..
- Stir in brown sugar, curry powder, and cayenne; cook 1 minute..
- Pour in the coconut milk and reserved mussel cooking liquid; bring to a boil..
- Divide the mussels and vegetables among warmed bowls and ladle the broth over the top..
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side..
This recipe gives traditional French mussels a Thai twist. Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth Pacific Northwest Cuisine. These juicy Thai Coconut Mussels are quickly cooked in coconut milk and flavorful Thai spices. Dinner doesn't get any easier than this delicious If you're lucky enough to live near warm waters and don't have access to cold water loving mussels, make the broth but choose a different seafood. Tip mussels into coconut broth, add lime juice and sugar and adjust seasoning to taste.