Basically basic veggie soup. Puree in batches in a blender, adding liquid as needed. If you like, add cheese while pureeing. Photo by Chelsie Craig, Food Styling by Yekaterina Boytsova.
This Chicken Vegetable Soup is ultra-comforting and packed with healthy vegetables. The flavor reminds me of Chicken Noodle Soup, but without the white pasta! The point of this soup is variation.the basic principle can be applied to make many different types of soups. You can have Basically basic veggie soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basically basic veggie soup
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of cabbage (small).
- You need 1 of capsicum.
- Prepare 1 bunch of turnips with greens.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of small bag mushrooms.
- It’s 1 bunch of bok choy.
- Prepare 1 of squash/zucchini.
- You need 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 liter of chicken stock (or any liquid you like).
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
Pepper to taste; Parsley as a garnish or a topping – Liquid = Veggie or chicken. This homemade vegetable soup recipe is hearty, healthy, easy to make, and tastes fantastic. It's also vegan when you use vegetable broth! Jump to the Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe or read on It's healthy, comforting, and completely vegetarian (when you use veggie broth).
Basically basic veggie soup Instructions
- Peel and chop onion.
- Wash and roughly chop all veggies. (I only peel the onion.).
- Fine chop any stems such as turnip greens and parsley (saves you picking bits out of your teeth later).
- Put the chopped carrots, turnips, capsicum, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in a big pot. Add the chili and curry..
- Add all the chopped leafy stuff and the stock. No need for salt at this stage..
- Pile it on!.
- Cover and bring to boil on high heat. Then put on lowest heat and leave for 2 hours. Check it occasionally. I leave it until the lovely aroma gets going..
- Once cooked. Have a taste then you can add (if you wish) any salt, pepper and other spice or herb..
Miso soup is a quick, easy, and light soup and is a staple of Japanese cuisine. This basic recipe is a simple vegetarian and vegan version of the classic miso soup you'll find served in Japanese restaurants and sushi restaurants along with just about everything. While this soup itself is vegan, I ended up topping it with some shaved parmesan. I didn't have any fresh parsley. In this basic wonton soup recipe, portion sizes are controlled but filling and ingredients are carefully considered and unlikely to cause heartburn.