Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets. Great recipe for Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets. This is a moist way to cook fish, the poaching keeps the fish tender and soft. The poaching liquid for this dish is a take on hot and sweet and sout, leaming to the spicy side.
The poaching liquid for this dish is a take on hot and sweet and sout, leaming to the spicy side. Its a light flavorful meal good with rice or asian noodles for the extra sauce. The poaching liquid for this dish is a take on hot and sweet and sout, leaming to the spicy side. You can create Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets
- It’s 2 pounds of fresh cod or bass or any thick white fish fillets, skin removed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, I used chili infused, divided use.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter, divided use.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of asian seasoning blend spice plus more for sprinnkling.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 8 of button mushrooms.
- You need 4 of baby bok choys.
- Prepare of FOR BROTH.
- It’s 4 cups of low or no sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce.
- You need of juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sriracha hot sauce.
Its a light flavorful meal good with rice or asian noodles for the extra sauce. The poaching liquid for this dish is a take on hot and sweet and sout, leaming to the spicy side. Its a light flavorful meal good with rice or asian noodles for the extra sauce. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish.
Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets Step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skilet. Add bok choy, cut side down and mushrooms, sprinkle with asian seasonong..
- Cook about 4 minutes on medium to just wllt bok choy, remove bok choy to a plate.
- Into skillet with mushrooms add chicken broth, tamari sauce, lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar, tomato paste, ginger, pepper, sriracha and honey. Simmer about 15 to 20minutes on medium low until reduced slighly.
- Combine rice flour , cornstarch and the 2 teaspoons asian seasoning asian on a plate.
- Brush fish very lightly with mayonaisse.
- Dip fush in flour mixture to very lightly coat, shake off any excess.
- In a skillet large enough to cook fish in one layer heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablspoon olive oil.Sear fish until holden anout 1 minute per side.
- Add broth to fish in skillet, cover and cook on low until fish is done, about 8 minutes depending on thickness of fish..
- Carefully remove fillets to serving plate, add baby bok choy to broth just for a minute to reheat, Serve fish with bok choy and mushrooms. Drizzle with broth ans serve the rest on the side. Rice is good with this as a side dish.
This recipe is the much easier version: Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet Stir-fry, using readily available fish fillets fried in a crispy batter. Generally, sweet and sour fish can be prepared using fish fillet or whole fish. Traditionally though, whole fish such as grouper (lapu-lapu) is commonly used. I tried using tilapia to make Sweet and Sour Fish because tilapia is a common fish easily available in almost all locations. It is also reasonably priced, which means it is budget friendly.