Prawns Chow Mein. King prawn chow mein is a delicious recipe that will go excellently with a side of mixed vegetables. The beansprouts give it that nice refreshing crunch and the king prawns are bursting with flavour. Prawn Chow Mein Recipe – Chinese cuisine is one of the most diverse cuisines.
Making an authentic Chinese meal at home doesn't get easier than this! It sounds unusual but sprinkle this stir fry with a pinch of sugar before. Combine the prawns with all the marinade ingredients and ½ tsp salt, mix well and then leave to. You can cook Prawns Chow Mein using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawns Chow Mein
- It’s 300 g of Prawns.
- Prepare 150 g of Dried Egg Noodles.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 2 Teaspoon of Soya Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 5 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Piece of Ginger.
- It’s 1 of Medium Onion.
- You need 150 g of Shiitake Mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 of Baby Corn.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Bok Choy.
- It’s 1 of Broccoli.
- You need of Other Vegetables (if any).
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
How to make Prawns Chow Mein with Pineapple. METHOD: Fry the prawns in oil. Check out the tastiest Prawns Chow Mein with Pineapple recipe only at kfoods. Chow mein are Chinese stir-fried noodles with vegetables and sometimes meat or tofu; the name is a romanization of the Taishanese chāu-mèn.
Prawns Chow Mein Preparation
- Peel the prawns & take the vein out. Marinate the prawns with one teaspoon soy sauce, salt & 1/2 teaspoon pepper..
- Add salt & half a teaspoon of dried oregano in a pot filled with boiling water. Add egg noodles into it. Cook for about a minute or till the block becomes loose(40% cooked). Drain & set aside. You can also use fresh egg noodles..
- Finely chop ginger & garlic..
- Chop mushrooms, onion, bok choy, broccoli, baby corn or any other vegetables you're planning to use..
- Heat some oil & fry the prawns. Keep it aside. You can also add the prawns along with the vegetables, but if you fry it separately the prawns will have more flavour..
- Add one tablespoon of oil & put chopped ginger garlic into it. Saute till brown..
- Turn the heat to high. Add onion. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add mushrooms, baby corn & bok choy next. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the rest of the vegetables & saute for about 30 seconds..
- Prepare the sauce by adding the oyster sauce, vegetable stock, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper & 1 teaspoon of soy sauce..
- Add noodles & pour sauce over it. Stir fry till all the water in the sauce evaporates. Add salt if needed..
- Add the cooked prawns. If you added it along with the vegetables ignore this step. Mix & serve hot..
The dish is popular throughout the Chinese diaspora and appears on the menus of most Chinese restaurants abroad. Prawn Chow Mein is an irresistible mouth watering side dish recipe which you would love to serve to your loved ones. Try this Prawn Chow Mein I bet you will have a huge fan following for this. Find prawn chow mein stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Chow Mein (sometimes spelled as chowmin) is one of the best Chinese recipes.