Brad's broccoli beef. Broccoli Beef – Best homemade recipe featuring tender beef in a brown sauce. You'll never need to order it for takeout ever again, and it's healthier. The next time you're craving takeout, make our homemade beef and broccoli stir-fry instead.
It is the same version that I There are two processes in making this beef with broccoli version. It involves marinating and stir frying. Beef and broccoli is one of the easiest Chinese takeout recipes that you can make at home, and it's Fortunately for Beef and Broccoli, the ingredients are pretty standard except for the rice cooking wine. You can have Brad's broccoli beef using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's broccoli beef
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of corn starch.
- You need 2 tbs of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s of the veggies.
- You need 2 of med shallots, chopped.
- You need 1 of small bok choy.
- It’s 1 of med head broccoli, cut to bite sized florets.
- Prepare 1 of lg handful of Chinese snow peas.
- It’s of the meat.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs of new York steak.
Each slice of this fast-to-fix, golden bread is like a hot sandwich packed with beef, broccoli and mozzarella. Broccoli Beef Braids Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Take homemade beef with broccoli up a notch with this recipe that chars the broccoli before mixing There's never been a pretty broccoli beef, but I'd say this is at least handsome, and to make it even. Broccoli Beef originates from a Chinese dish called _Gai Lan Chao Niu Rou _ (芥兰炒牛肉) or Chinese Broccoli Fried Beef, but since early immigrants could not find Gai Lan in the US, American broccoli.
Brad's broccoli beef Preparation
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Sear whole in a fry pan until rare. Set aside on a plate..
- In a wok or large fry pan. Heat a small amount of oil. Saute shallots until translucent. 2-3 minutes. Next add bok choy. Saute another two minutes..
- Add broccoli. Add 3/4 cup water. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes until broccoli starts to get tender..
- Meanwhile slice beef..
- Uncover veggies. Add sauce and snow peas. If you like your beef cooked past rare add it. If not add it at the end..
- Stir until sauce thickens. You might not need all the sauce, but halving it will not be enough..
- When sauce thickens, plate and serve immediately. Serve with white or fried rice..
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – This beef with broccoli is perfect for when you're craving It's the quintessential beef with broccoli: tender strips of steak and crisp broccoli florets in a rich ginger and. Add the beef back into the mixture, and serve over rice with sesame seeds, if desired. This authentic Chinese beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe is popular with Westerners and Chinese alike where it is eaten for its health benefits. I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl.