Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets. Cod Poached in Asian Shellfish Broth and Noodles. Thai-Style Cod à la Nage With Coconut Milk, Lime, and Lemong. Plate the cod fillets, top with a slice of ham and a poached egg.
Cod with Asian Orange GlazeTwo Cups of Health. Gently poaching cod fillets in milk is the secret to an elegant yet effortless recipe. I like the light taste of this dish. You can cook Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets
- Prepare of For Fish.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of fresh cod, cut into 4 serving pieces.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili infused olive pil.
- Prepare as needed of Sriracha seasoning salt and pepper.
- You need of For Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sriracha chili sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare of juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 8 of mushrooms, halved if large.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of For Vegetables.
- Prepare 2 of red hot chilis, thin sliced.
- Prepare 8 of baby bok choy.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of asian seasoning blend.
- It’s of For Garnish.
- Prepare as needed of chopped fresh parsley,.
- It’s as needed of sliced green onions,.
I didn't make the cornstarch mixture, but served the fish and veggies over rice instead. Great idea but the veggies and fish were fairly bland. Recommend adding a half-pinch salt or up the dill. Our very own resident fish expert Bart Van Olphen has travelled the world to bring you the freshest fish recipes.
Asian Butter Poached Cod Fillets Preparation
- In a skillet neat the butter for the vegetables.
- Add the bok choy, season with some of the asian seasoning. Sear on both sides just until crisp tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, shallot, garlic and hot peppers., season with remaining asian seasoning, cover and soften.
- Uncover and add the broth, cream rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and sriracha and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce to bowl and set aside.
- Pat fish dry, season with sriracha seasoning and pepper.
- Heat chili olive oil I skillet jarge enough to hold fish in one layer. Sear fish just a minute on each side ubtil golden.
- Remove to plate as soon as each piece is done. Add reserved broth to skillet fish was seared in, whisk in butter in pieces.
- Add fish back in cover and cook at a very low simmer about 10 minutes, just until fish is just cooked through, add reserved bok choy..
- Garnish with parsley and green onions.
- Serve in shallow bowls ether over angel hair pasta, rice or with crusty bread for dipping.
Here he stops off in Reykjavik, Iceland in. Learn how to poach cod to perfection with Great British Chefs, a gentle cooking technique which retains nutrients and flavour. Get tips on poaching cod in different liquids, plus recipes that feature poached cod at their core. Cooking the bok choy separately while the cod poaches in the curry keeps it bright green and crisp-tender. Change it up with halibut steaks or even a couple pounds of mussels.