Baked Manicotti with Sausage & Peas.
You can cook Baked Manicotti with Sausage & Peas using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Manicotti with Sausage & Peas
- It’s of Manicotti.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil cooking spray.
- You need 1 box of manicotti shells.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin (drizzle).
- You need 1 lb of Sweet Italian Sausage (Casing Removed).
- It’s 1 of Large Shallot (Finely chopped).
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 3/4 oz of Petite Peas (Thawed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Whole Milk Ricotta.
- Prepare 26 oz of Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shredded Mozzerella.
- Prepare cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1 of Fonduta Sauce.
- You need of Fonduta Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 cup of Grated Pecorino Romano.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped fresh basil leaves.
Baked Manicotti with Sausage & Peas instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9"x13"x2" baking dish with cooking spray..
- Cook the manicotti shells in boiling water for 7-8 minutes, until tender, then set aside..
- For the Fonduta Sauce: In a medium, bring the milk and heavy cream to a simmer over medium heat. Afterwards, reduce the heat to low while adding the Pecorino Romano. Whisk until the cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. Add and stir in the basil. Remove the pan from the heat to cool..
- In a large skillet, pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high heat. Add the sausage, garlic, shallots, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Break the sausage into small pieces and cook thoroughly. Add white wine and scrape the brown bits at the bottom of the pan, cooking for another 2 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to slightly cool. Add the peas, ricotta and fonduta sauce. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired..
- Spread 1/2 of Marinara Sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Using a spoon, fill the cooked manicotti shells with the sausage & Peas fonduta. Arrange the manicotti in the baking dish. Pour the remaining Marinara Sauce on top. Then spoon the remaining Sausage & Peas Fonduta on top. Mix and cover evenly..
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top then drizzle virgin olive oil. Baked until bubbly and golden brown. 30-35 minutes..