Pork hock vege stew. This dish is simply pork pata (or pork legs) that are slow cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce and spices. It is a perfect lunch treat that I like to have Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Start with the pork hocks, tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, carrots, and the rest of the ingredients.
Cover pork hocks with seasoned boiling water. Stewed pork hocks served with rice and peas-Jamaican-style. The Best Smoked Pork Hocks Recipes on Yummly You can have Pork hock vege stew using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork hock vege stew
- Prepare 1 kg of Pork hock.
- You need of Potato.
- You need 1 of White Radish (Daikon).
- It’s 2 of Carrots.
- You need 5 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 handful of Lotus seed.
- It’s of Sliced Lotus root.
- You need 2 of good size Bok Choys.
- Prepare of Salt.
Smoked Pork Hocks With Horseradish-garlic Mashed Potatoes, Black-eyed Pea And Ham Hock Soup, Pork Hock With Braised Greens. Pork hock may be the front or hind leg and may or may not include the knuckles. Note, though, that it is the tendons in the knuckles that gives the sauce of this sweet sour pork hock stew its distinctively rich and rather sticky texture. Try this Crock-Pot Veggie Sausage Stew for an easy dinner or lunch.
Pork hock vege stew Preparation
- In a large pot, boil the pork hock until bubbly. Drain the water and clean the pork thoroughly under cold water. Do this step TWICE..
- Move the pork into a slow/pressure cooker and fill water to cover the pork. If you don't have one, just use a large pot..
- If you use dried Shiitake, rinse and soak them with hot water..
- Peel and cut daikon, carrots, bok choy and potatoes into big cubes..
- Boil the daikon for a few minutes to lighten the smell and taste..
- Add daikon, shiitake, lotus seed and carrots into the pot with the pork hock..
- Add 1 table spoon of salt..
- If you use slow cooker, set it to 2h. If you use pressure cooker, cook for 30-45mins until the pork is soft. If you use normal pot, bring the pot to boil and shimmer for 2h..
- Put the potatoes, lotus root and bok choy in, stir a little for them to be soaked in stock and cook for another 1 hour if you use slow cooker or pot; 15-20mins or until the potatoes are soft if you use pressure cooker..
- Serve with rice, bread, egg noodle or just by itself if you put a lot of potatoes in..
Filled with protein and fiber, this one is sure to satisfy. Trying to eat more meatless meals is usually not too hard with all the meat substitute products they have out. Polish pork hock (aka ham hocks or pork knuckles) are called golonka in Poland, and considered a national dish. Smoked hocks are not traditional, but if that's all you can find, remember to reduce the salt in this recipe. A ham hock (or hough) or pork knuckle is the joint between the tibia/fibula and the metatarsals of the foot of a pig, where the foot was attached to the hog's leg.