Brad's cashew chicken. This homemade Cashew Chicken tastes as good as the cashew chicken you get from takeout. Cashew chicken (Chinese: 腰果雞丁) is a Chinese-American dish that combines chicken (usually stir-fried but occasionally deep-fried, depending on the variation), with cashews and either a light brown garlic sauce or a thick sauce made from chicken stock, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cashew chicken is no doubt a winner by these metrics.
Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe made with juicy tender chicken, sweet bell pepper, buttery cashews, all coated in a sweet and savory garlic sauce. Delicious Chinese cashew chicken with very common and humble ingredients. I am a big fan of all types of chicken cubes stir-frying dishes. You can create Brad's cashew chicken using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's cashew chicken
- You need of For the sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of sake.
- It’s 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 3/4 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 tbs of dry mustard.
- It’s 3/4 tbs of ground ginger.
- You need 4 of compacted tbs brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 (15 Oz) of can whole baby sweet corn.
- It’s 1 (8 Oz) of can sliced water chestnuts.
- It’s 3 of LG chicken breasts. Fileted in half then cut to 3/4 " cubes.
- It’s 6 Oz of petite sweet carrots.
- It’s 1 of LG shallot diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice.
- You need 1 tbs of oil.
- It’s 1 of small bunch bok choy. Sliced thin. Only the whites.
- It’s 2 of small heads broccoli. Small florets.
- Prepare 5 Oz of roasted, unsalted, whole cashews.
- It’s 1 of "x 2" piece if ginger root. Peel, slice, smash, then mince.
- It’s of Sliced green onions for garnish.
They are so simple but delicious. Make this Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake for a high-protein, one-dish meal that the whole family will love! Can't get enough of our delicious chicken casserole recipes? Wow you guys LOVED the Swedish This Cashew Chicken Meatballs recipe truly is everything you know and love about classic Chinese.
Brad's cashew chicken Preparation
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Stir occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large wok. Add chicken, shallots, ginger root, and carrots. Sprinkle with 5 spice. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not drain liquid..
- Add garlic, bok choy, and broccoli. Cover with a lid. Stir fry until broccoli is tender. Stir occasionally..
- When tender, add baby corn, water chestnuts, cashews, and sauce. Bring to a simmer uncovered. Simmer until sauce thickens..
- Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with green onions and siracha sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Cashew Chicken is a takeout standby that you can easily make at home. Remove chicken and set aside in a separate bowl. Chinese Cashew Chicken Noodles Stir Fry is a delicious take on your favorite take-out cashew chicken recipe. I was recently asked what dish from childhood I remember the most. Cashew chicken (my mom made hers with.