Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb). Vegetarians can never have too many vegetable stir-fry ideas! This recipe calls for tofu, plenty of vegetables, and lemongrass for a Thai flavor. Tofu stir-fries make a great vegetarian and vegan meal on busy weeknights and range from basic tofu and vegetables to Thai dishes with lemongrass.
Add in the cooked tofu and gently toss the tofu until it is well coated in the lemongrass mixture. Lemongrass tofu is one of my favourite ways to enjoy tofu. My mom will make this dish anytime I come home to visit with some frozen tofu she's had in Add garlic, chopped lemongrass and red chilli flakes, and stir until the lemongrass looks "melted". You can make Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb)
- Prepare 250 gms of Konjac Noodles (prepared as per packet instructions).
- It’s 300 gms of Firm Tofu.
- Prepare 40 mls of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 2 tbs of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- It’s 2 tsp of Ginger (grated).
- It’s 2 Stalks of Lemongrass (grated).
- You need 1 of Medium Red Onion.
- Prepare 300 gms of Broccoli/Broccolini.
- You need 150 gms of Pak Choy/Bok Choy.
- Prepare 120 gms of Bean Shoots.
- It’s 2 Stalks of Green Onion (Spring Onion).
- You need 1 of Small Red Hot Chili.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
Add the tofu and soy sauce and stir fry, mixing. It's so flavorful, high in protein, and much healthier than Chinese takeout. If you're vegetarian or vegan, skip the fish sauce and replace it with more soy sauce. Aromatic lemongrass, salty fish sauce, and fiery Thai red chiles combine with tender tofu for a gorgeously My boyfriend is a huge fan of homemade stir fries and tofu.
Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb) Step by step
- Heat oils in a wok and add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and red onion and stir-fry until soft..
- Add tofu, broccoli and, stir fry until tender and tofu is golden brown..
- Add the soy sauce, vegetable stock, bok choy. Stir fry until bok choy has wilted..
- Add bean sprouts, green onion, hot chili, and noodles, toss together and serve..
- Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.
This dish is composed of one of my most basic Stir Fry or Noodle sauce recipes and a bunch of fresh veggies and tofu. The sauce is extremely simple to make and coats the vegetables and tofu perfectly. Pressing and draining tofu before marinating it gives it a chewy texture that goes well with barbecue flavors. When eggplant is stir-fried with lots of garlic and coated with a glossy, savory sauce that I can spoon over a big bowl of steamed rice. Tofu stir fry is a brilliantly simple, flavour-packed supper for two.