French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote.
You can cook French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote
- You need of French Toast:.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each vanilla extract, ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of thick slices good bread.
- You need 1 tbsp. of salted butter.
- Prepare of Blueberry Compote:.
- It’s 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of each granulated sugar, lemon juice.
- Prepare of Optional for Serving:.
- Prepare of Maple Syrup.
- Prepare of Confectioners Sugar.
French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote instructions
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice, then set the heat to med-low. Let this simmer for 5-8 minutes, until the blueberries begin to release their juices and break down. While doing this, start preparing the French toast..
- Place the butter into a small skillet over medium heat. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. One at a time, dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, flipping to coat both sides well. Once the butter has melted, place each bread slice into the skillet. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until golden. Then flip and cook until the opposite side is golden as well..
- Serve the French toast with the blueberry compote over the top. You can also add powdered sugar or maple syrup..