Beef Kare-Kare. Beef Kare-Kare is a version of kare-kare or peanut stew that makes use of beef chuck, instead of the traditional oxtail. It is as good as our other versions of kare kare. It was perfect with some spicy.
Beef Kare kare Recipe is made from peanut sauce with a variety of vegetables, stewed oxtail, beef, and occasionally offal or tripe. If you don't want to use oxtail, but still wish to include that rich umami flavour of the meat, then substitute with beef. You can use beef cheeks or beef chuck. You can cook Beef Kare-Kare using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Kare-Kare
- You need 1 of kilo beef cut into cubes.
- It’s 100 g of Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) cut.
- Prepare 100 g of yardlong beans cut into 2 inch long.
- Prepare 4 of eggplants sliced/cut.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of ground peanuts or 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Shrimp paste/bagoong.
- You need of Optional: 3 tbs annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water for colour.
Find beef kare stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Philippine cuisine Kare kare filipino oxtail stew. Kare kare, filipino oxtail stew, philippine cuisine in a restaurant setting Japanese curry with rice Kare raisu macro. horizontal.
Beef Kare-Kare Instructions
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Set aside..
- Using the same pan earlier, cook beef for about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Push beef to the side of the pan and add sliced eggplants. Fry for about 5 minutes..
- Add cooked garlic and onion, pour in 3 cups water (if using annatto seeds, replace 1 cup of water used to doak seeds in) and dissolved cornstarch and bring to a boil. Add ground peanuts/peanut butter, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens..
- Add yardlong beans and bok choy/pechay and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: Some prefer to blanch their veggies in hot water to cook separately from the meat and sauce to retain crispiness of vegetables..
- Serve over steamed rice and a little bit of bagoong/shrimp paste on the side..
Kare kare is a delicious Filipino oxtail stew prepared with a thick peanut sauce, which is The kare kare ingredients may also include seafood like prawns, squid, and mussels, or just with vegetables. A colorful stew of boiled and sautéed beef pata, meat and tripe, vegetables, mixed in sweet peanut sauce. Served with bagoong on the side. * Prices may vary according to location. kare-kare is uniquely Filipino dish made with simmered oxtail, vegetables and peanut-based sauce. This perennial Filipino favorite usually starts with a base of oxtails, beef stew cuts, pork hocks or tripe. Kare Kare is a classic Filipino slow-cook stew, usually using oxtail and/or ox tripe, with deliciously thick deep yellow peanut sauce with some vegetables.