Bok Choy, Stir Fry. This easy bok choy stir fry is so delicious with broccoli, carrots and shiitakes, tossed in a tangy ginger garlic sauce. My favorite baby bok choy recipe! Plenty of veggies and a tangy ginger garlic sauce make this easy stir fry a delicious, flavorful weeknight meal.
If using bok choy, trim off the bottoms and separate into stalks. Rinse if necessary and drain on paper towels. Bok choy stir-fry with crispy tofu is one of my favorite vegan dishes. You can cook Bok Choy, Stir Fry using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bok Choy, Stir Fry
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Bok Choy or similar.
- Prepare 12 oz of Sugar Snap or Snow Peas.
- You need 1/2 of medium Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh Ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili sauce (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce or soy sauce (optional).
You only need a few spices – green onion, soy sauce and sugar, to create a flavorful sweet savory sauce. The cooking is quick, simple and straightforward. The dish has a great texture. This stir-fried bok choy recipe is a basic veggie side dish that can go with everything from Shanghainese braised pork belly to a roast chicken.
Bok Choy, Stir Fry Preparation
- Clean Bok Choy. Cut off stem end to separate stalks. Trim leaves in strips to width of stem (give or take).
- I like to cut the stems lengthwise so you don't have large chunks to eat..
- Chop onion into medium chunks, too small and you can't eat them in this dish..
- Clean Pod Peas, my wife likes the ends trimmed also. Just line 2 or 3 up, line up the ends with side of your knife, trim the ends.
- Crush and chop garlic. I just crush it with the heel of my hand, then chop it..
- Added garlic, the store was out of fresh, so I had to use this, but fresh is way better..
- Heat a stir fry pan or skillet to pretty hot with the vegetable oil. Add garlic, Ginger and chili sauce (see notes) this is the chili sauce I used this time.
- After a minute add onion and pod peas, salt. Sir fry until the pea pods turn bright green and onions are translucent.
- Add the bok choy, give it 1 quick stir, let it sit for minute to steam..
- Stir fry the whole thing, when the bok choy wilts add the black pepper, sesame oil, soy/fish sauce, Stir fry another minute or longer depending on your preference for doneness..
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Bok choy has a wonderful, crisp texture that is reminiscent of celery. You can easily add shrimp or chicken to make a main dish, but I recommend doubling the sauce if you do so. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, black pepper, and bok choy.