Walnut stir-fry Bok Choy. Learn How to Make Chinese Walnut Chicken Stir Fry Recipe Please like, share, comment and/or subscribe if you would like to see new future recipes or support. This recipe works equally well with bok choy or sturdy greens, both of which have tough ribs and leaves that have a cruciferous flavor I steam them for a minute before stir-frying so the If using bok choy, trim off the bottoms and separate into stalks. Rinse if necessary and drain on paper towels.
The cooking is quick, simple and straightforward. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Keep adding sauce a little at a time and continue stir-frying until Bok Choy Tip: If stir-frying larger bok choy, slice off the green leaf tips. You can make Walnut stir-fry Bok Choy using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Walnut stir-fry Bok Choy
- You need 1 of medium size Bok Choy.
- Prepare 4 of (or to taste) garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 inch of piece of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s handful of walnuts.
- It’s to taste of hot sauce.
- You need 1 of Tbl. acid like vinegar, lemon juice (optional).
- It’s 2 of Tbl. oil for stir-fry.
Add the thicker white sections to the wok first, then throw. This stir-fried bok choy recipe is a basic veggie side dish that can go with everything from Shanghainese braised pork belly to a roast chicken. Bok choy loves to grow in sandy soil, and one of the worst things that can happen with this dish is to find that when you're scooping the bok choy out. Think of mild-flavored, juicy bok choy as an invitation to experiment in the kitchen.
Walnut stir-fry Bok Choy Preparation
- Clean your bok choy breaking off each stem and making sure tops and stalks are clean. Grit sucks!.
- chop your bok choy into about 1 – 2 inch pieces.
- Add oil to pan, set on medium high heat (I'm using sesame here, but any works).
- chop onion, garlic and ginger.
- When pan is hot, add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy to pan, stir all the time until wilted. Sometimes you have to add the thicker stems first, then add the tops after a couple minutes for even cooking..
- Once bok choy is wilted add walnuts.
- Add salt and hot sauce, acid if using. Stir constantly until done, 3 minutes.
- Serve. Shown here with a pan fried tenderized lightly breaded steak with pan gravy..
It's especially good with earthy mushrooms. Trim bases of bok choy and separate outer leaves from stalks, leaving the smallest inner leaves attached. Rinse and thoroughly dry bok choy in a salad. Bok choy has a wonderful, crisp texture that is reminiscent of celery. You can easily add shrimp or chicken to make a main dish, but I recommend Add garlic, ginger, black pepper, and bok choy.