skye's yellow squash & fried brown rice. In this video I am showing you my new favorite Summer vegetable, Zucchini and Yellow Squash! Growing up we didn't eat a lot of squash. Yellow squash is delicious with a natural tint of sweetness, so a simple saute with garlic and butter is all Yellow squash cooks fast so timing is very important.
This fabulous yellow squash casserole is a great way to use up ripe squash from your garden or even squash you buy. The yellow crookneck squash tends to be smooth-skinned, but it can develop bumps. Squash do naturally grow bumps on their skin, which looks unappealing but the bumps. You can have skye's yellow squash & fried brown rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of skye's yellow squash & fried brown rice
- You need 1 cup of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of yellow squash, diced.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of red pepper flake.
- It’s 1 of soy sauce, optional.
- You need 2 small of tomatoes, sliced thick for garnish.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 dash of hot sauce for garnish, optiinal.
Photo "Squash as a UFO." can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Yellow squash is a form of summer squash and includes several crookneck and straightneck varieties. These vegetables grow in many areas of the United States and, when in season, you can usually find. Sautéed Yellow Squash with Blistered Tomatoes – This yellow summer squash recipe with pan blistered tomatoes is a great way to use your garden goodies!
skye's yellow squash & fried brown rice Step by step
- I always have cooked brown rice in the refrigerator. if you do not… cook 2 servings according to directions and set aside..
- chop and slice your veggies..
- heat your skillet and add your olive oil. carefully add your onion and allow to sautee for a few minutes. add your squash and continue to sautee for another few minutes. it's all about how crispy or cooked you like your veggies..
- add your rice, salt and pepper to taste and your dash of red pepper flake. this is also where you would add the soy sauce if using it. stir well..
- add the eggs to the rice mixture and stir to incorporate. continue cooking, stirring constantly, until eggs are completely cooked. about another 5 minutes or so..
- divide in half and plate it with thick slices of fresh tomato and a splash of hot sauce..
The yellow color helps make a pretty plate. I have found that a combination of butter and olive oil is great for sautéing (Paula Deen agrees). But in rare cases yellow squash plants can shock you further by producing a green squash. Squash plants are notorious for cross-pollinating with one another. If you save your own seeds and.