Lettuce Pea Mint Salsa with Chicken.
You can have Lettuce Pea Mint Salsa with Chicken using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lettuce Pea Mint Salsa with Chicken
- Prepare of Very large whole roast chicken.
- It’s 1 of whole Iceberg Lettuce.
- It’s 900 g of Frozen Garden Peas.
- You need of Fresh Herb Mint half of a cup.
- It’s of Jalapeños from a jar,half cup.
- You need of Juice from 2 small Lime's.
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of whole red onion.
- You need 6 of salad tomatoes.
- Prepare of Olive Oil fried bread (optional).
Lettuce Pea Mint Salsa with Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5,wash raw whole chicken under the cold water tap if defrosted – if defrosted roast in the oven with foil over the top for 2 hours and then take the foil off – for the last 30 minutes of Roasting and then allow to rest – in maybe a separate – dry Roasting Tin – allow too rest and cool for 30 minutes..
- Cook the frozen Garden Peas in boiling hot water and then drain and allow the cooked peas to cool down..
- Put mint,the One teaspoon of salt,Lime juice,Jalapeños,garlic cloves,the chopped Red onion in a Food Processor with a Pulse button,or a Nutri Ninja Blender that has a Pulse button as well – Pulse 10 times.Add cored tomatoes (don't use tomato pip's and juice),chop them a little and then Pulse about 5 times with the other ingredients – no need too drain.
- Place a lot of Lettuce leaves in a large metal mixing bowl and then pour over all the Salsa,add the 2 chicken breasts in some way and then pour on the cold,cooked Garden Peas.Would be nice with crisp fried bread as Croutons..