Bak Choy And Fried Dried Anchovies. Almonds, brown sugar, dried anchovies, garlic, peanuts, rice syrup, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, walnuts, water, white sugar. Dried anchovies are a specialty item that we've used to make shrimp or anchovy sambal, a Malaysian dish. We don't use these that often, but we're experimenting with some recipes, so stay tuned!
Basic side dishes are made to last long and served with every meal, including home-packed school lunch boxes. The sundried anchovy side dish is one of the basic Korean sidedishes, usually eaten with a bowl of rice. This is really low calorie and high calcium so Korean parents regularly prepare it for their children. You can cook Bak Choy And Fried Dried Anchovies using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bak Choy And Fried Dried Anchovies
- Prepare of MIX CABBAGE OPTION 1.
- Prepare 2 cup of each red and green cabbage.
- You need 2 small of red chili pepper.
- It’s of ROMAINE SALAD OPTION 2.
- You need 1 cup of grated carrot and mushroom.
- Prepare 6 cup of romaine salad.
- It’s of MIX CABBAGE AND BAK CHOY WITH OYSTER MUSHROOM OPTION 3.
- Prepare 2 cup of each of cabbage and bak choy.
- It’s 1 cup of oyster mushroom.
- Prepare of fried anchovies.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dried anchovies.
- You need 3 tsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mince garlic.
When I was going to school, this was one of the usual dishes we ate all the time. Dried anchovies (Malay: ikan bilis) is a very popular side dish in Southeast Asia. Anchovies are small, common saltwater forage fish in the family Engraulidae that are used as human food and fish bait. Anchovies are usually classified as an oily fish.
Bak Choy And Fried Dried Anchovies Step by step
- with oil fried anchovies till lightly brown and crispy then drain set aside.
- with only 1 tsp of oil sautee garlic with (option 2 add carrot and mushroom ) then add fried anchovies and soy sauce and water then mix well.
- FOR THE MIX CABBAGE sauté for 5 minute.
- FOR ROMAINE SALAD JUST ADD IN AND MIX WELL FOR 1 MINUTE THEN OFF HEAT.
- SERVE MIX CABBAGE AND BAK CHOY WITH OYSTER MUSHROOM AS IT IS FOR VEGAN.
I love the "fresh" European anchovies and have found and invented many uses for them. I've often noticed the bins and bags of dried anchovies at Asian groceries. They're used to make sambals and as a base for fish stocks. I've also had them fried and served as a side dish. Rice syrup or glucose is available from selected supermarkets and health food stores.