Bok choy, onion and carrots. East meets West in a simple side dish using bok choy given body with chopped potatoes, onions, and a little extra flavour. The dish can be considerably enhanced if chopped bacon is added with the onion, and you might also want to up the spices by adding a chopped, seeded hot pepper or black. Place Bok Choy, carrots and spring onions among serving plates.
Heat butter in a stock pot over medium heat; add bok choy, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, and ginger. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with lime juice I also will just sprinkle the chopped green onions on top before serving along with the cilantro, as the freshness of the green onion disappeared after it. Stir together orange juice, soy sauce, and remaining broth in a separate bowl. You can cook Bok choy, onion and carrots using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bok choy, onion and carrots
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of bok choy.
- It’s 1 cup of baby petite carrots.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Bok choy is vulnerable to cabbageworms, maggots, flea beetles and aphids. Select herbs and/or vegetables to plant near bok choy that send these Plant any vegetable in the onion family to deter maggots. Crisp, fresh, and loaded with flavor, this Bok Choy Recipe is guaranteed to be your new favorite side dish! Glistening with an addictive garlic and ginger.
Bok choy, onion and carrots Instructions
- Wash your bok choy really well, look them over especially if using organic. Cut the bottoms off. You can grow your own bok choy from this. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357241-bok-choy.
- Heat oil very hot. Add carrots fry 7 minutes.
- Add onion. Add bok choy, garlic, ginger, and salt. Stirring occasionally. The bok chow will wilt..
- Cook till bok choy stems are tender but still a little crunch..
You can use either regular or "baby" bok choy for this recipe. If you have a hard time finding bok choy, substitute Chinese cabbage (sometimes called Napa It is not hard to learn how to cook bok choy, just make this recipe once and you will be an expert! The Sichuan peppercorns add a tongue-tingling. Here the stalk is cubed, and the leaves shredded with carrots, broccoli, and spring onion tops for a gluten free version. There is so much you can do with this salad, try any crunchy.