Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup. Chinese style squid stir-fry is a delicious and healthy way to eat squid. The recipe comes with a video to show you the whole cooking process. It will taste just as good and contain fewer calories.
Even my picky son loves this dish. Bok choy is a type of Chinese cabbage. Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. You can make Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup
- You need 1 of Squid.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Courgette.
- You need 1 of Celery stalk or small Chinese celery bunch.
- It’s 1 of Bok Choy.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp grinded dried shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of big bowl of water.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Dashi.
Clean the squid according to the instructions above and pat dry with paper towels. Heat two tablespoons peanut oil in a wok or large skillet and stir-fry the ginger. The Best Asian Squid Recipes on Yummly I love bok choy,and use it often in my stir fry's.
Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup Instructions
- Cut the squid open and clean the gut..
- Throw out the sack, scale, teeth and eyes..
- Cut the Squid in bite size pieces. Please note that some Squid like NZ squid are quite tough so you may need to slice them up..
- Slice up the veges. I use Chinese celery for the aroma because I hate eating celery. Those are frozen since Chinese celery is hard to find in NZ supermarket..
- Put your wok or pan on the stove at high temperature. Add oil and wait for the oil to heat..
- Throw in the squid, add salt and dashi stock to taste. Stir the Squid until the flesh turns solid white (as opposed to the transparent white colour of raw squid)..
- Add veges and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat..
- Fill your soup pot with water and put on the stove at high temperature..
- Add grinded dried shrimp, salt and dashi stock to taste..
- Wash the bok choy and cut it into small pieces..
- Once water is boiled, throw in the bok choy and turn off the stove. Leave the pot on to let the heat cook the bok choy for 5 minutes..
- Serve with rice..
I have not used butter w/it, only the soy,and oyster sauce which I have on hand for fried rice. This stir-fried bok choy recipe is a basic veggie side dish that can go with everything from Shanghainese braised Stir-fry using a scooping motion so the ginger, garlic and oil That veggie soup liquid is full of vitamins and is awesome when poured over a bit of rice! Bok Choy Tip: If stir-frying larger bok choy, slice off the green leaf tips. Add the thicker white sections to the wok first, then throw in the leaf tips at the. Green tea goes well with this stir-fry.