Home made wonton soup with fresh bok choy. Discover Tasty Braised Beef Soup Made W/ Chickpeas & Mushrooms. Add fresh or frozen wontons and the salt. When the wontons float to the top, add the remaining cup of water and the baby bok choy.
Scoop wontons out into a bowl and top up with soup. Yesterday I made your recipe and doubled it for the broth only because I wanted a heartier soup and I added not only shiitake, more bok choy, fresh enoki mushrooms and Jumbo shrimp for the garnish, and even rice sticks (vietnamese style serving with Rice noodle on bottom. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and serve immediately. You can create Home made wonton soup with fresh bok choy using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Home made wonton soup with fresh bok choy
- You need 100 g of white flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Hungarian Chicken Paprikàs (Csirkepörkölt).
- It’s 1 of fresh bok choy.
- Prepare 1 of veggie soup square.
This recipe comes from James Wong, grandfather of Michelle Wong, associate style editor at Martha Stewart Living. Unlike most wontons, they contain ample fresh greens; you can substitute fresh spinach for the bok choy greens, if you like. Store-bought wonton wrappers are an easy, time-saving alternative to homemade ones. Wonton Soup nutrition per serving, with bok choy, no noodles.
Home made wonton soup with fresh bok choy Instructions
- I used Chicken Paprikàs which was already prepared the day before, please check out the detailed recipe by Skunkmonkey101, the title is "Hortobàgyi palacsinta pörkölt".
- For the home made wonton wrappers: mix the egg with 4 tbsp water and a pinch of salt until foamy and add the flour.Kneed it into a hard dough..
- Put a little flour on a clean flat surface and make the dough as flat as you can, then cut it into 5×5 cm squares. Put a little of the Chicken Paprikàs into each wonton a nd wet the edges of the wrapper with water and fold it into half..
- Next take the two edges and fold it again to get the shape on the picture..
- Cook the wontons in salted boiling water. They are ready when they start to swim on the surface of water.
- Prepare the veggie soup: put the soup square in boiling water and also add the bok choy, cook it until the bok choy is not raw anymore. Serve it adding the wontons. Give me feedback if you liked this recipe..
Make it even healthier by adding more vegetables – just blanch them in the soup broth. There are a few optional add ons that are common with Wonton Soup. First, you can add fresh shrimp and let them cook quickly in the boiling broth before serving. You can also add fresh vegetables to make the dish more nutrient dense and filling. I suggest baby bok choy, spinach, or Chinese broccoli.