Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy. Sweet and Sour Baby Bok Choy. This means that baby bok choy is much sweeter than and is often served directly in soup or in salads. Bok choy, on the other hand, is So quick and delicious.
Great side dish to any meal. Try making this spicy baby bok choy salad with your next meal. Excellent side dish for any Korean meal but can be eaten any which way. You can make Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy
- You need 6 cups of baby bok choy that's been sliced into roughly 1/3" strips on the diagonal (this was about 3 med heads of baby bok choy).
- It’s 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1-1.5 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1.5-2 Tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1-1.5 Tablespoons of chili garlic paste or sambal oelek (you can use sriracha in a pinch).
- You need of Optional yummy additions:.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s of toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
Bok Choy is one of my favorite vegetables. It has its own spiciness that is complimented by the sweetness of the sauce in this recipe. I like to serve this with grilled shrimp and steamed rice. This quick and easy side dish has delicate Asian flavors.
Spicy Sweet Sour Quickled Baby Bok Choy Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the bok choy with the salt and toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 30 minutes to extrude water, re-tossing once or twice during this time to make sure the salt is evenly distributed..
- After 30 minutes, you'll see quite a bit of water has extruded from the bok choy. Take the bok choy in large handfuls and squeeze firmly in a two-handed fist to press out the excess liquid and set aside in another bowl. This salting, extruding and squeezing process is what lends the bok choy that lovely pickled crunch. :).
- Add the remainder of the ingredients, starting at the lower end of the measurements and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy!.
In this video, you'll see how to make a delicious and memorable vegetable side dish using bok choy and a spicy homemade garlic sauce. This quick steak stir-fry has some of my favorite foods; skirt steak, baby bok choy and zucchini plus carrots, scallions, garlic and ginger. I reduced the oil, added more veggies and changed the sauce because I wanted that salty, sweet, sour and spicy flavor. This stir fried garlic baby bok choy is a great vegetable side or alternative to salad. Stir fried garlic baby bok choy is quick and easy so it's also great as a holiday side dish.