Squash and Bok Choy. Season with salt and pepper, and spread in a single layer. So, I've created this very yummy, dairy-free Roasted Butternut Squash and Bok Choy Frittata that's so perfect for breakfast or brunch (or dinner!). This vegetarian frittata is the easiest dish to make!
Pour in the broth (or water), toss in the bok choy, quickly cover and steam for a couple minutes. Stir in the capers and a little of the caper juice, and heat through. Serve as is — no need for rice or other starch, because the squash provides substance. You can have Squash and Bok Choy using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash and Bok Choy
- Prepare 4 cups of chopped bok choy loose pack.
- It’s 4 cup of yellow Crook-necked squash.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth divided.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Similarly, the softened texture of the butternut is countered by the slightly more crunchy texture of the wilted bok choy. Taste the noodles and season with a little salt if needed. Ladle the noodles and broth into bowls and serve garnished with chopped cilantro and peanuts, a drizzle of Sriracha if you love heat, and lime wedges. Scrape the squash from the shells into the remaining sauce and stir gently to combine.
Squash and Bok Choy Preparation
- Add 1 cup chicken broth season with half the salt, to a pot and simmer. Wash the bok-choy very well, I found moss, oak leaves, as well as dirt in my bok-choy. Chop the bok-choy well. Add to the pot of the simmering chicken broth..
- Bring the bok-choy to simmer again. Watch this well. Cook till the liquids are gone. Set the bok-choy aside..
- Slice the squash season with salt and pepper. Add to a pot with 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook till done most of the liquids are reduced..
- Taste the squash does it need seasonings, if so add. Add remaining chicken broth to the bok-choy and add to the squash. Mix bring to a simmer it's ready to serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Peel and mince the garlic, shallot, and ginger. Trim the bottoms off the baby bok choy and cut them into quarters. Add the quartered bok choy to a baking sheet and toss with sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Bok Choy Recipes Our bok choy recipes often appear in soups and stir fry recipes, but it can also be shredded for slaw, steamed, sauteed, or try braising baby bok choy. Bok choy is a great source of nutrients, including vitamins A and C, with minimal calories.