Skillet zucchini and yellow squash. Add the zucchini and yellow squash in as even a layer as possible (it should sizzle as it hits the skillet) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir, add a touch more salt and pepper to taste if needed. In this video I am showing you my new favorite Summer vegetable, Zucchini and Yellow Squash!
Serve with the crumbled bacon or use pancetta or Parmesan cheese. If the seasoning is salt-free, add salt to taste. Use a combination of zucchini and yellow squash or another summer squash of a similar size. You can make Skillet zucchini and yellow squash using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Skillet zucchini and yellow squash
- You need 1 small of yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 small of Zucchini.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italien seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1 stick of butter or margarine.
It encompasses both zucchini and yellow squash, so it's understandable why so many assume the two are exactly the same except for the shade of their skin. Both zucchini and younger yellow squash can be used interchangeably in recipes and in combination with each other. Zucchini and yellow squash are low in calories with a low glycemic index. Both squashes are a good source of vitamins A and C, fiber and potassium Tender pieces of zucchini and yellow squash in a mouthwatering creamy cheese sauce.
Skillet zucchini and yellow squash Instructions
- Wash the zucchini and squash with water and cut of the ends.
- Take all the seasonings and the minced garlic then mix in a small bowl.
- Slice the squash and zucchini horizontally into whatever thickness you like best..
- Put stove on medium high temperature and melt the stick of butter.
- Once the butter is melted mix the seasoning and minced garlic with the butter.
- Lastly put your sliced squash and zucchini into pan and cook to your liking.
This delectable easy skillet vegetable will quickly become one. Then add chopped zucchini and yellow squash. Squeeze excess moisture from the squash. Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs. Made this with yellow squash because that was on sale, and half provolone cheese.