Salmon, pea and arugula risotto.
You can have Salmon, pea and arugula risotto using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon, pea and arugula risotto
- It’s 350 g of salmon fillet.
- You need 5 cups of vegetable or fish stock.
- You need 1 of large shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of arborio rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of baby arugula.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated.
Salmon, pea and arugula risotto step by step
- Heat a splash of veg oil in a medium pan. Season the salmon with salt and fry it for 4 minutes per side. You want the salmon just slightly undercooked. It'll finish in the risotto. Remove the fish to cool..
- Put the stock in a small pot and keep it at a bare simmer. In a medium pot, heat a few tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat, then add the shallot and garlic. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add the rice to the pot of shallot and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes until all the grains are shiny and coated with oil..
- Stirring continually, add the stock to the rice a ladle at a time. Allow the liquid to absorb before adding the next ladleful. Stop adding stock once the rice is cooked (about 20 minutes). The risotto should be smooth, creamy, and just slightly runny. Add the cream cheese and stir until blended. The risotto will thicken. If it gets too clodgy, add a splash of stock. Add salt and cracked white pepper to taste..
- Break the salmon up into large chunks, removing any skin or pinbones. Add the salmon to the risotto, along with the arugula, peas, and lemon zest. Fold everything together carefully. You don't want to break up the salmon too much. Serve warm..