Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry. Authentic and Punjabi Style Fish Tikka or Tandoori Fish Recipe. Fish Tandoori or Fish Tikka Ingredient: i. Get quick answers from Authentic Indian Curry & Fresh Naan Tandoori-An staff and past visitors.
Tender cooked chicken with the MOST delicious tandoori chicken marinade made with yogurt, lemon juice, spices, ginger, garlic, kasoori methi and a dash of food color for that iconic look. This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food. South Indian variation: Add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. You can have Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry
- You need 300 grams of Fish fillets (I used swordfish this time. Mackerel or tuna would be also good).
- You need 1 of Onion (cut into bite-sized pieces).
- Prepare 4 of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil for stir-frying.
- You need 1 small of piece each Ginger, garlic (finely chopped or grated – I recommend chopping them finely).
- Prepare 1 of Spices (I used cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and cardamon seeds).
- It’s 1 of Pepper (I recommend black pepper).
- You need 1 can of Canned whole tomatoes.
- You need 1 of water: 250 ml Water (or water + coconut milk).
- It’s 1 of (Optional) Fresh coriander or parsley for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of (Optional) Chili pepper or cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of [Easy Tandoori Fish Marinade A].
- You need 200 grams of A: Plain yogurt (I used Meiji Bulgaria yogurt).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of A: Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of A: Curry powder.
- It’s 1 small of piece each A: Ginger & garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 of rounded teaspoon A: Sugar (Honey).
- Prepare 1 of A: Spices (I used cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and chili pepper).
- It’s of Seasoning ingredients B:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of B: Tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of rounded tablespoon B: Soy sauce (or fish sauce).
- Prepare 1 of rounded tablespoon B: Curry powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of B: Honey (or sugar).
Simple North Indian variation: Eliminate the coconut and the individual spices and use garam masala, turmeric, and red chili powder. View the menu from Shandar Tandoori Freshwater & place your takeaway or delivery order online. Order from a wide selection of your favourite Indian food which will be delivered directly to your home or office. Authentic flavours, my Tandoori Chicken is made in the oven with accessible ingredients.
Authentic Tandoori Fish Curry Step by step
- Cut the fish into an appropriate size. Combine the [Easy Tandoori Fish Marinade A] ingredients together to make the marinade..
- Marinate the fish in the [Easy Tandoori Fish Marinade A] for more than 30 minutes. Keep the leftover marinade for later use..
- Fry both sides of the marinated fish in a frying pan. There might be some moisture from the fish, but keep frying until there is no moisture left in the frying pan. The tandoori fish is ready!.
- Put the vegetable oil in the pot, add the chopped (grated) ginger, garlic, and spices of you choice, and fry over low heat until fragrant..
- Add the onions and mushrooms to Step 4, sprinkle pepper, and lightly fry over medium heat..
- Add the canned whole tomatoes and water (or water + coconut milk) to Step 5, and simmer until the vegetables soften..
- When the vegetables are soft, add the seasoning ingredients B and mix. Add the leftover tandoori marinade from Step 2 & 3, and simmer a little..
- Add the tandoori fish from Step 3 to the curry from Step 7. Simmer until the liquid is reduced (about 10 minutes), and it's done!.
- If you like it spicy, add chili pepper or cayenne pepper to finish..
- Garnish with fresh coriander or parsley to taste..
- I served it with naan bread and turmeric rice..
- [How to make simple turmeric rice] Just add turmeric and butter to hot cooked rice and mix..
- "Easy Tandoori Chicken". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149196-simple-authentic-tandoori-chicken.
No need to hunt down obscure spices! True authentic Tamilnadu Chettinad vanjaram Meen Kuzhambu/fish curry recipe from a karaikudi kitchen with step by step pictures. I was not a great fish curry fan until I tasted this recipe. I had seconds, shamelessly even thirds. I just begged my friend Alamelu Annamalai for.