Japanese Fried Fish with Daikon sauce. Salmon and Black Sesame Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls)The Kitchn. Buri daikon is a popular Japanese fish dish eaten during winter, and is enjoyed widely across the country. Sanma-no-nitsuke is a popular Japanese fish recipe for autumn.
Oden is a comforting Japanese winter food with fish cakes, egg, octopus, and fish balls in a flavorful dashi. The simmering sauce for Japanese braised fish is often a combination of staple ingredients in Japanese cooking which includes soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sugar. The flavor profile of the sauce is primarily soy, but depending on the chef, the sweetness of the nitsuke varies. You can make Japanese Fried Fish with Daikon sauce using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Fried Fish with Daikon sauce
- It’s 300 g of fish (swordfish).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of grind ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Katakuri starch or any starch.
- It’s 1 of small carrot.
- It’s 50 g of lotus root.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 50 g of Maitake mushroom.
- Prepare of Daikon Radish sauce.
- Prepare 300 g of Daikon Radish.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Dashi powder(Japanese fish bouillon powder).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 400 ml of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Katakuri starch.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of water.
We'll use the natural juices of Korean Radish (or Japanese Daikon) to serve as broth. Then cook the salmon inside the grated radish. The combination of the two works beautifully! Then top it off with splashes of Ponzu Sauce.
Japanese Fried Fish with Daikon sauce Step by step
- Mix soy sauce, ginger and sugar, and spread on fish both side..
- Cut carrot, lotus root, green pepper and mushroom..
- Fry vegetables in 1cm deep oil pan..
- Coat fish with starch and fry in oil pan..
- Peel the skin and grind Daikon Radish.
- Bring to boil 400ml water and seasoning, after boil put ground Daikon Radish.
- Mix starch with water and put it in boiling Daikon sauce to make thick and boil for a few minutes..
- Dish fried fish and vegetables. Pour Daikon sauce on it..
- Today's dinner.
Make sure to grab (two) bowls of rice. Deep-fried Japanese horse mackerel with "sauce" and vegetables Coat the fish in batter, then in the bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown, and drain on a rack or paper towels. Serve with shredded cabbage or fresh salad vegetables of your choice, plus Worcestershire-style sauce.