Swordfish grilled on Iron Skillet. Because with a skillet, your grill can act as a stove, and even an oven—which means you won't have to turn on your actual stover and oven until the fall. The solution to that: cook your fish outside. Any stovetop fish recipe should work in a cast iron skillet on your grill. (I'm partial to this swordfish.
I cooked the swordfish in a cast iron skillet and it turned out great. Then simply sprinkle the fish with dill weed and lemon pepper maybe a little salt and then cook or grill – don't worry about measuring the ingrediants. A Cast iron skillet is the workhorse of the kitchen, but do you take yours outside for some fresh air every now and then? You can have Swordfish grilled on Iron Skillet using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swordfish grilled on Iron Skillet
- You need 1 strips of Swordfish Fresh cut into ". 1 Pound.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Rocky ' s Rub (Spicy rub).
- You need 16 Ounces of Tamato Chopped (Can).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes (boiled and crumbled).
- You need 1 of Yellow Onion Large.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Honey brown sugar or.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Peas Fresh / Frozen.
Here's why you should, plus three If you think about it, a cast iron skillet was designed to cook foods over an open flame, so it kind of makes the most sense to place it on the grill. Place a heavy cast-iron skillet or griddle directly over the flame and let it heat up for ten minutes. The fire can be adjusted to high or low. Setting a piece of cast iron cookware on the edge of the grill, as far from the heat as possible provides for the perfect space to keep foods warm.
Swordfish grilled on Iron Skillet Preparation
- Rub 1 teaspoon of spicy rub on sword fish and set aside. Pour can of tamato in a sauce pan and cook on slow heat until reduced to half. Add chopped Garlic..
- Slice onion length wise. Cook on slow heat in a iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. This will take time. Add Honey or Sugar and let it cook until onions are carmalized to light brown color..
- Use a flat iron griddle or tava. Take crumbled potatoes,mix it with hands with 1 table spoon of spicy rub. Mix Peas. Make 4 cakes or tikki and cook on slow heat on tava. Sprinkle some oil on all sides. Turn over once only..
- Using one of the iron skillets put 1 teaspoon of oilive oil and grill seasoned fish for 3 mts. on one side and 2 mts. on other. Garnish with cilantro..
No kitchen is complete without a cast iron skillet, and that's especially true if you also own a grill. Do you think seasoning an iron skillet outside on a grill would. The kitchen fan never works well enough. I have to open nearby windows and doors. This seasoned skillet is ready to use and is extremely versatile.