Yellow squash boats. This recipe for stuffed summer squash boats combines ground beef with spices and cheddar cheese for a hearty and One of our good friends showed up yesterday with a bag of yellow summer squash. This yellow squash recipe is easy to make and goes great with ANY main dish. Feel free to serve it for your family's Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners, alongside your holiday pot roast or pork loin.
Yellow squash is a form of summer squash and includes several crookneck and straightneck varieties. These vegetables grow in many areas of the United States and, when in season, you can usually find. A wide variety of yellow squash options are available to you, such as packaging, type. You can make Yellow squash boats using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yellow squash boats
- It’s 3/4 lb of bacon.
- It’s 4 large of yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of margarine.
- It’s 1 tsp of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/3 large of onion.
Summer squash are squashes that are harvested when immature, while the rind is still tender and edible. The yellow color helps make a pretty plate. I have found that a combination of butter and olive oil is great for sautéing (Paula Deen agrees). Summer squash is high in vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and fight cancer.
Yellow squash boats Preparation
- Wash the squash.
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Cut both ends off squash. Stand on the end. Slice in two pieces, long ways about a quarter of the diameter of the squash. Hollow out the thicker half of the squash..
- Take the hollowed out meat of the squash and put in the pan with margarine and onion. Add half the salt, and all the garlic. Fry till squash is soft..
- Take the other half of the salt add to the hollowed out part. Add both cheeses and red wine vinegar to the boats. When stuffing for boats is done add to top of the cheeses..
- Wrap the bacon 2 slices each around each boat. Put in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray.bake till bacon is crispy..
- Serve hope you enjoy.
Many winter squashes are a good source of vitamin A. Yellow squash is a warm-weather crop that usually yields like nobody's business as long as it is planted in full sun and moderately rich soil. Summer squash may be bush or vine style and is often. The yellow crookneck squash tends to be smooth-skinned, but it can develop bumps. Squash do naturally grow bumps on their skin, which looks unappealing but the bumps don't affect taste or quality.