Risotto di spada e zafferano swordfish and saffron risotto. Risotto is one of those dishes that is often misunderstood or mismade too easily. More: Here's a trick for stretching saffron. Elizabeth David wrote quite a bit about risotto in Italian Food, going to much effort to put right the ways of English readers and recipe writers.
I'm Deborah and today we'll be preparing a traditional dish from Milan: Saffron Risotto. To prepare the broth, combine all of the ingredients in a pot, and cover with cold. Fragrant, flavorful saffron is the perfect ingredient in this simple, yet tasty risotto finished with pancetta, Parmesan cheese, and butter. You can make Risotto di spada e zafferano swordfish and saffron risotto using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Risotto di spada e zafferano swordfish and saffron risotto
- You need 350 of of risotto rice.
- It’s 1 of swordfish fillet.
- It’s 1 of small courgette.
- It’s of Small chopped onion.
- You need strands of Saffron to taste, few.
- Prepare 1-1.2 litres of hot stock.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Fresh parsley to serve.
- Prepare of Good knob of butter.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Glug of white wine.
Next time around we will dice the onion. My mom made this risotto for us fairly frequently as we loved it so much. I got this recipe from Italian Cooking by Capalbo et al. I was forced to find an actual recipe since my mom Transfer the risotto to a warmed serving bowl or platter and serve immediately, with the remaining parmesan sprinkled on top.
Risotto di spada e zafferano swordfish and saffron risotto Preparation
- Chop onion, chop courgette, chop the fish. Cook onion in oil until soft..
- Add courgette and cook for another min or so. Then add the fish. Continue cooking and stirring. Add rice and turn up the heat slightly. Stir frequently for 1 or 2 mins.
- Now add the wine and let it evaporate. Add about 3/4 of the stock and stir frequently. Add saffron and a pinch of salt. Keep stirring for about 20 mins adding more stock as needed. Towards end of cooking time, add a few small knobs of butter, stir well until creamy. Serve with fresh parsley ?.
This creamy saffron risotto (or risotto alla Milanese) is hearty and fragrant. The butter and Parmigiano stirred in at the end make it wonderfully. Season the risotto with salt and pepper and serve. Il Risotto allo zafferano è un primo piatto tradizionale molto gustoso e profumato, tipico della cucina milanese! a base di riso, brodo vegetale e zafferano; la meravigliosa spezia antica che regala al risotto il classico colore giallo oro e un sapore inconfondibile! Una bontà unica, facile da preparare!