Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta.
You can cook Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta
- You need 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of large leek, green tops removed, tailed, halved, washed, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, de-seeded, minced.
- You need 1 of large head broccoli, outer fibrous layer of stem removed, chopped into small pieces, green tops cut into florets.
- It’s 1 tsp (5 g) of salt.
- Prepare 225 g of frozen peas.
- Prepare 100 g of frozen spinach.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried mint (optional).
- It’s 400 g of fusilli pasta, or other pasta of choice (GF if desired).
- Prepare 250 ml of plant-based cooking cream (we used soy, but you could use oat or almond if GF).
- Prepare 1 tbsp (15 ml) of lemon juice (the juice from about ½ a lemon).
Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta step by step
- Cut the stem off the head of broccoli. Cut away the fibrous outer layer of the stem. Chop the remaining stem into bite-sized pieces. The green tops of the broccoli can be cut into small bite-sized pieces..
- To a large pot on high heat, add the olive oil, and when hot, add in the garlic, green onion, leek, jalapeño, broccoli stems, and salt. Note, the salt here helps to draw the water our of the veggies, which helps it all cook faster. Cook this for 5 minutes, or until the leeks become soft and translucent..
- Then add the peas, spinach, basil, oregano, and mint, cooking for another 5 – 6 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding the broccoli florets in the last couple minutes. Just before draining it all, scoop out 120 ml cooking water from pasta and add to the veggie pan. Then drain the pasta and broccoli florets..
- Add the cooking cream to the veggie pot, and stir to combine. You can leave this pasta sauce chunky as is, or make it smooth by blending it all up using an immersion blender or standing blender. We chose to blend about half of ours with an immersion blender, making it part-chunky and part-smooth..
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce, along with the lemon juice, and toss to coat..
- Serve while hot, alongside some lemon wedges and garnished with fresh basil leaves..