Honey-Orange Glazed Swordfish.
You can have Honey-Orange Glazed Swordfish using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey-Orange Glazed Swordfish
- Prepare 1 each of swordfish fillet.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 each of whole bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of ice cold water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed blood orange juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 each of zested blood orange.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh chopped basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh copped parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 each of sliced lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked rice.
Honey-Orange Glazed Swordfish Instructions
- Making the Brine: Mix salt, brown sugar, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon and bay leaves. Warm on stove and simmer about 6 minute so all ingredients are blended thoroughly. Remove and add cold water and refrigerate. This give a nice gentle flavor and removes the fishy smell prior to cooking..
- The night before you plan on cooking, place fillet in ziplock back with bring and place in refrigerator overnight..
- Making the Glaze: Mix honey blood orange juice, blood orange zest, basil and parsley. Stir very well and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove fillet from brine. Place on oven sheet with a quick spray of nonstick spray. Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes until outside of fillet starts to bubble slightly and is bright white..
- Remove from oven and drizzle glaze over fillet..
- You can either place fillet over bed of rice and garnish with sliced lemons, or arrange separately as pictured..
- I made recipe to cook for 1 since I am si gle but there is enough brine and glaze in recipe to prepare 2-3 swordfish fillets..
- Boil 1 1/4 cup of water, add 1 cup of rice. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes with minimal stirring until water is absorbed..