Mediterranean Swordfish. Easy grilled swordfish recipe with a Mediterranean twist! The secret is in the tasty marinade + simple cooking technique for juicy swordfish every time! Grouper makes a terrific substitute, but it will cook more quickly than swordfish.
Juliana teaches you how to make fresh sword fish with olives, capers, and mint leaves. This Mediterranean Diet recipe is delicious and easy to make for your healthy meal plan. The Commission has approved a proposal to transpose into EU legislation stronger measures to help the recovery of the Mediterranean swordfish. You can have Mediterranean Swordfish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Swordfish
- Prepare 2 of swordfish steaks 3/4” thick (8-10 oz. each).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil, divided.
- You need Dash of salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of fennel bulb, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced, 2” pieces.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, juices drained.
- You need 1 can (6 oz.) of black pitted olives, drained, halved.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of capers, drained (optional).
- It’s Dash of tarragon, coriander, & oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of fresh basil leaves, cut or snipped into thin threads.
Mediterranean swordfish is highly consumed in the Mediterranean Sea. Average annual reported catches by Mediterranean riparian States are similar to those of the North Atlantic stock, but. Pat swordfish dry with paper towels. Lightly oil the swordfish all over and season generously with salt and pepper.
Mediterranean Swordfish Preparation
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium – high heat..
- Place the swordfish steaks on a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Season the steaks and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- In a large frying pan (with a lid), heat the olive oil and sauté the fennel and onion on medium heat until soft. Add garlic and heat for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomatoes, black olives, capers, and herbs. Reduce the heat and simmer..
- Place the swordfish steaks on the well-oiled grill grates and sear for 2 minutes per side..
- Remove from the grill and add the steaks to the pan on the stove and cover. Simmer this for 15 minutes per side..
- Swordfish steaks are done when you can slightly flake with a fork or internal temp is ~125˚..
- Carefully transfer the steaks (using a spatula) directly to serving plates on top of a bed of rice. Add the pan ingredients on top and serve with a side of sauté garlic flavored green vegetables..
Mediterranean swordfish derived from observations in the Ligurian Sea – ICCAT, Coll. and western Mediterranean swordfish revealed by phylogeographic analysis of the mitochondrial DNA. Whisk together marinade ingredients and pour over swordfish in a shallow pan. The fins are brown to dark brown in color and the rest of the body is Swordfish, Xiphias gladius, are found worldwide in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans in tropical. Every recipe on Mediterranean Living that contains the ingredient, swordfish. After finding that illegal fishing was potentially widespread, Oceana used our research to advocate for the adoption of a recovery plan for.