Strawberry jam. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. With instructions for canning, refrigerator, or freezer jam. Prepare the strawberries by wiping them with a piece of damp kitchen paper. (Wiping the strawberries rather than washing them ensures the fruit doesn 't absorb lots of water – too much water.
Get Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe from Food Network. Ina's fresh strawberry jam: how to have summer's berries with you all year. Learn how to make a small batch of homemade strawberry jam! You can cook Strawberry jam using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry jam
- You need 1 kg of strawberries.
- You need 600 g of to 1 kg sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
Or maybe you don't have a canner. Learn how to get perfectly set strawberry jam by following Mary Berry's simple instructions. You'll need to pop a couple of plates in the freezer beforehand. Strawberries and sugar. that is it.
Strawberry jam Instructions
- The strawberries should be ripe but firm. Wash them well, cut off their stems and place them in a bowl. Crush them using your hand..
- Place them in a wide pot together with the sugar and the lemon juice..
- Let them boil over strong heat stirring often with a wooden spoon until they reach 105°C (the jam should drop from the spoon like a thick jelly – check out the tips)..
- When it cools place it in sterile jars and store in the fridge..
Combine this jam with other fruit jams for gourmet gift baskets. It is VERY tempting to double this recipe for strawberry jam and make more. The best homemade strawberry jam with fresh strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. This easy strawberry jam recipe is freezer-friendly and doesn't has pectin. Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin.