Strawberry jam. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. With instructions for canning, refrigerator, or freezer jam. Prepare the strawberries by wiping them with a piece of damp kitchen paper. (Wiping the strawberries rather than washing them ensures the fruit doesn 't absorb lots of water – too much water.
Get Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe from Food Network. Ina's fresh strawberry jam: how to have summer's berries with you all year. Learn how to make a small batch of homemade strawberry jam! You can create Strawberry jam using 2 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry jam
- You need 300 gms of fresh strawberries.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
Or maybe you don't have a canner. Learn how to get perfectly set strawberry jam by following Mary Berry's simple instructions. You'll need to pop a couple of plates in the freezer beforehand. Strawberries and sugar. that is it.
Strawberry jam Preparation
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into small pieces.
- Add the sugar to the strawberries and mix well.
- Cover and store it in the fridge for 2-3 hrs. This process is called maceration and will aid in extraction of the juice from the strawberries and forms a syrup.
- Pour the macerated strawberries in a pan and bring it boil while stirring frequently.
- Let it simmer on medium heat for about 30 mins or until the syrup thickens.
- Turn off the heat, let it cool and pour in a jar to set.
- The jam is now ready for use. Enjoy.
Combine this jam with other fruit jams for gourmet gift baskets. It is VERY tempting to double this recipe for strawberry jam and make more. The best homemade strawberry jam with fresh strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. This easy strawberry jam recipe is freezer-friendly and doesn't has pectin. Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin.