Frozen Strawberry Jam.
You can have Frozen Strawberry Jam using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frozen Strawberry Jam
- Prepare of If you make it with 3 times this amount, it will fill 2 jars..
- It’s 100 grams of Frozen strawberries.
- It’s 50 grams of Granulated sugar (or any kind of sugar).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 dash of Honey (optional).
Frozen Strawberry Jam Step by step
- I made this jam using these frozen strawberries..
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a pan, and simmer over medium heat. If you have time, pour the sugar over the strawberries and leave for 30 minutes before cooking..
- In the meantime, sterilize the jars. Put plenty of water in a pot with the jars, and boil for about 5 minutes. Leave to dry on a clean kitchen towel..
- When the jam comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer slowly while stirring. If it looks like it is going to burn, turn the heat down to low..
- Skim off any scum that rises. If you have a bowl of water nearby, this task goes smoothly..
- When the jam starts to bubble and you can scrape the bottom of the pan, add lemon juice and turn off the heat..
- Put the hot jam into the dried sterilized jars, and leave to cool upside down. The recipe filled this jar 2/3 full..
- It's also delicious with a little honey added as a hidden flavor. If you do use honey, add it at the very end..
- Use on plain yogurt It's sweet, tart and delicious. My daughter has seconds..
- Tip: Strawberries help to eliminate a buildup of sodium in your system. It also contains potassium, which helps to lower blood pressure, and xylitol, which prevents tooth decay..
- Tip: When making jam, use an enamel or stainless steel pan..
- If you use an aluminum or cast iron pot, the metal will dissolve and react with the acid in the fruit juice and make it discolor..