For Novice Jam Makers: Strawberry Jam.
You can have For Novice Jam Makers: Strawberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of For Novice Jam Makers: Strawberry Jam
- Prepare 300 grams of Strawberries.
- Prepare 100 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
For Novice Jam Makers: Strawberry Jam Step by step
- Remove the blossom end of the strawberries, then rinse. Thoroughly drain in a colander..
- Put the strawberries in a pot, coat with sugar, sprinkle lemon juice, and lightly toss. Let sit for about an hour (Don't heat it yet.).
- After about an hour, the sugar will melt and the strawberries will release moisture, indicating that it is ready to be cooked. Simmer on low-medium heat..
- After simmering for a while, the strawberries will produce scum. Skim off the scum several times..
- After simmering for about 30 minutes, the strawberries will turn bright red. When the sauce thickens, it's done. (As shown in the photo, it's ready when you are able to see the bottom of the pan while mixing.).
- Transfer to a sterilized jar, and seal with a lid while hot. Once it cools, store in the refrigerator..