Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole. We grow lots of squash each summer and enjoy it fixed lots of different ways. This recipe is similar to my Squash Dressing Recipe, only with Turkey Sausage. Note: If the casserole seems too dry you can add a little of your reserved water from your cooked squash.
Pour in a small amount of water. These squash casserole recipes are exactly what you need on those busy weeknights. The Best Sausage Stuffing Casserole Recipes on Yummly You can have Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole
- Prepare 3 pounds of yellow squash.
- It’s 1 pound of sausage.
- You need 1 cup of cornflakes.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of crushed butter crackers.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 15 ounce of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of small diced onion.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed butter crackers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed cornflakes.
This casserole is one of my favorites. Didn't have green chilis on hand so I chopped some red and yellow peppers I had and sautéed them with the squash, also had bacon flavor Apple, Butternut and Sausage Dressing. Spaghetti Squash with Apples, Bacon, and Walnuts. Yellow Squash Casserole is creamy and cheesy with a buttery and crispy Ritz cracker topping.
Sausage and Yellow Squash Casserole Preparation
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the squash.
- Dice the onion and put in a pan with the sausage. Brown in the pan..
- Slice the squash and add to the sausage and onions.
- Mix the milk, cheese, 1-1/2 cup crushed butter crackers, 1 cup cornflakes, eggs, salt, and pepper..
- Add Milk mixture to the squash and sausage mixture..
- Add the rest of the crushed cornflakes and Butter crackers on top..
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours when you take it out of the oven it should not jiggle. It will wriggle if it's done. It should be firm but not soupy..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
It makes a delicious side dish and is perfect for using fresh summer squash. Serve Yellow Squash Casserole at a summer potluck or as a comforting side dish for a family meal. A mix of sausage and summer squash are used in this tasty low carb high fat sausage squash casserole. Mayonnaise and cheese gives this dish it's amazing. Yellow Squash Casserole is a classic Southern side dish.