Strawberry jam. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. With instructions for canning, refrigerator, or freezer jam. Prepare the strawberries by wiping them with a piece of damp kitchen paper. (Wiping the strawberries rather than washing them ensures the fruit doesn 't absorb lots of water – too much water.
Get Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe from Food Network. Ina's fresh strawberry jam: how to have summer's berries with you all year. Learn how to make a small batch of homemade strawberry jam! You can have Strawberry jam using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry jam
- Prepare 1 kg of strawberries hulled and clean.
- You need 1 kg of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 of pectin sachet.
Or maybe you don't have a canner. Learn how to get perfectly set strawberry jam by following Mary Berry's simple instructions. You'll need to pop a couple of plates in the freezer beforehand. Strawberries and sugar. that is it.
Strawberry jam Instructions
- Boil strawberries in lemon juice for about 15 minutes on a low heat..
- Put sugar in oven proof container and heat in low oven to aid dissolving later.
- Meanwhile you will have started sterilisation of jars..
- Add sugar and pectin stirring until dissolved.
- Then boil steadily until setting point. About 15-30 minutes.
- Stand for a few minutes.
- Scoop film from surface and pot into sterilised jars..
- Seal and label.
Combine this jam with other fruit jams for gourmet gift baskets. It is VERY tempting to double this recipe for strawberry jam and make more. The best homemade strawberry jam with fresh strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. This easy strawberry jam recipe is freezer-friendly and doesn't has pectin. Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin.