Rhubarb and strawberry jam. Make this strawberry-rhubarb jam for special breakfasts or to give away. Place rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, fruit pectin, and butter into a large kettle over medium heat. (Butter is optional but helps keep jam from getting too foamy). This strawberry rhubarb jam recipe does not include additional pectin, but DOES include a couple of secret ingredients that will have everyone thinking I have made strawberry jam many, many, many times.
Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin. Flavorful Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This jam is a celebration of spring strawberries and rhubarb. You can cook Rhubarb and strawberry jam using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and strawberry jam
- You need 900 grams of diced rhubarb.
- You need 250 grams of clean strawberries.
- You need 1 kg of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 sachet of powder pectin.
- You need 1 of lemon juiced.
The combination of the two fruits has long been a popular one. Rhubarb jam is incredibly simple to make at home, and all you really need is rhubarb and sugar. When you make straight rhubarb jam without I make strawberry rhubarb pie of course, and I've recently fallen in love with this Amish Rhubarb Custard Pie. Then I make a bit of strawberry rhubarb.
Rhubarb and strawberry jam Instructions
- Mix sugar and pectin and rhubarb. Cover and refrigerate until sugar starts dissolving or overnight..
- Transfer to maslim pan and stir until sugar dissolved. Simmer stirring occasionally until rhubarb soft and mixture has thickened. Should be close to setting temperature.
- Add hulled strawberries and let it simmer for about 12 minutes or until setting point..
- Check it wrinkles when you push a drop of jam in a cold plate..
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes. Remove any foam from surface.
- Stir and pot in warm sterilised jars.
- Seal and label.
Easy and delicious strawberry rhubarb jam recipe! Instructions for both conventional jam and freezer jam! This fruity and slightly zesty jam is perfect on top of toast, pancakes, crepes or waffles! Rhubarb Strawberry Pineapple Jam Using Fresh OR Frozen Rhubarb and Gelatin. Rhubarb Jam Topping on Ice Cream.