You can cook Pochero using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pochero
- It’s of kilo pork cut into cubes.
- You need of cabbage (half a head) chopped.
- Prepare of pechay or bok choy with the base cut.
- Prepare of ripe plantain bananas sliced.
- Prepare of potatoes or sweet potatoes cut into quarters.
- You need of longyard beans cut in 2 inches.
- Prepare of big can pork and beans or chickpeas/garbanzos.
- Prepare of chorizo (semi-cured Spanish sausage) quartered.
- You need of tomato sauce.
- You need of water.
- You need of fish sauce.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- Prepare of medium onion diced.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Pochero step by step
- Heat pan and cook pork in oil for 30 minutes or until brown and tender. To lessen oil, you can also try using an air fryer to cook meat. Set aside..
- Using the same pan, add garlic until and cook light golden brown on low heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add sliced plantain bananas and water. Bring to a boil. Add pork and beans, fish sauce, tomato sauce, and cabbage. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add yardlong beans and pechay. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat..
- Serve with steamed rice..