You can have Pochero using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pochero
- Prepare 1 of kilo pork cut into cubes.
- It’s 50 g of cabbage (half a head) chopped.
- Prepare 100 g of pechay or bok choy with the base cut.
- It’s 4 of ripe plantain bananas sliced.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes or sweet potatoes cut into quarters.
- It’s 6 of longyard beans cut in 2 inches.
- You need 1 of big can pork and beans or chickpeas/garbanzos.
- It’s 2 links of chorizo (semi-cured Spanish sausage) quartered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Heat pan and cook pork in oil for 30 minutes or until brown and tender. To lessen oil, you can also try using an air fryer to cook meat. Set aside..
- Using the same pan, add garlic until and cook light golden brown on low heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add sliced plantain bananas and water. Bring to a boil. Add pork and beans, fish sauce, tomato sauce, and cabbage. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add yardlong beans and pechay. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat..
- Serve with steamed rice..