Strawberry jam. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. With instructions for canning, refrigerator, or freezer jam. Prepare the strawberries by wiping them with a piece of damp kitchen paper. (Wiping the strawberries rather than washing them ensures the fruit doesn 't absorb lots of water – too much water.
Get Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe from Food Network. Ina's fresh strawberry jam: how to have summer's berries with you all year. Learn how to make a small batch of homemade strawberry jam! You can create Strawberry jam using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry jam
- Prepare 250 g of strawberries.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
Or maybe you don't have a canner. Learn how to get perfectly set strawberry jam by following Mary Berry's simple instructions. You'll need to pop a couple of plates in the freezer beforehand. Strawberries and sugar. that is it.
Strawberry jam Step by step
- Wash the strawberries, chop off the heads and cut them into small pieces using a knife.
- Add sugar,mix and cover then allow the mixture sit in the fridge for 2to3hrs in order to allow the juice to form.
- Transfer them to a thick bottomed pan, turn on the flame and. Oil on low flame till all the sugar dissolves completely. At the flame to medium and cook the mixture for 25 minutes..
- After approximately 15 minutes of cooking, a layer of froth will show on top, remove it with a spoon..
- To check on the consistency add small amount of jam to a plate and let it cool. Tilt the plate and ensure the jam does not flow.
- Once on this stage, turn off the flame, let the jam cool to room temperature. Jam will thicken abut as it cools..
- Store in an airtight container.
Combine this jam with other fruit jams for gourmet gift baskets. It is VERY tempting to double this recipe for strawberry jam and make more. The best homemade strawberry jam with fresh strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. This easy strawberry jam recipe is freezer-friendly and doesn't has pectin. Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin.