Potato Bacon Soup.
You can cook Potato Bacon Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Bacon Soup
- You need 3 of lbs. Potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1 of Yellow Onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 Slices of Bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 2 Qts. of Chicken Broth.
- You need 4 C. of Water.
- It’s 2 C. of Whole Milk.
- You need 2 C. of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2 of Tbsps. Onion Powder.
- Prepare 2 of Tbsps. Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper, to taste.
- You need of Cornstarch.
Potato Bacon Soup instructions
- In a large skillet sauté the bacon pieces til somewhat crispy. Scoop cooked bacon onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Drain most of the grease in the skillet (I save my bacon grease in a glass jar to use for baking). In the same skillet sauté the onion til soft. Set aside..
- In a large stock pot add potatoes, chicken broth, and enough water to fill pot 1/2-3/4 quarters full. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down and let simmer til potatoes are half way done. Add the cooked bacon and onion to the pot. Stir to combine. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add milk, cream, and seasonings. Stir to combine and finish simmering til potatoes are tender..
- In a small bowl make a rue with the cornstarch and a little bit of water. Add to the soup. Stir and let simmer til soup is slightly thickened. Serve and Enjoy 😋..
- ***I garnish my bowl with Crushed Black Pepper and a sprinkling of Dried Italian Seasoning.****.