You can have Gingerbread biscuits using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread biscuits
- Prepare 100 grams of butter.
- You need 200 grams of brown sugar (1 cup firmly packed).
- Prepare 250 ml of treacle (1 cup).
- It’s 2 of eggs, lightly wisked.
- It’s 600 grams of plain flour (4 cups).
- Prepare 150 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 2 of egg whites (for icing).
- It’s 420 grams of pure icing sugar (2 2/3 cups) (for icing).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (for icing).
Gingerbread biscuits instructions
- Place butter, brown sugar and treacle in a saucepan over low – medium heat. Stir untill butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool for 10 mins.
- Combine butter mixture and and 2 eggs (not the 2 egg whites) in a large bowl, sift in flours, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and bicarbonate of soda over the butter mixture. Stir until well combined, kneed on a floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc, cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays (i line 4 trays personally) with baking paper. Roll out dough in portions to 5mm thick. Cut with cutters and and place on lined trays. Cook for 5-7 mins or untill golden..
- Cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough..
- Icing: Place egg whites in a bowl, use wooden spoon to lightly beat the egg whites until foamy, sift icing sugar over the egg and stir until smooth. Add lemon juice and stir until well combined. Put mixture in piping bag with desired nozzle..
- Optional: Add M&M minis to the biscuits with icing sugar.