You can cook Pork Monggo using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Monggo
- It’s of kilo pork cut into cubes.
- You need of hibe/dried shrimp.
- You need of monggo/mung beans.
- Prepare of ampalaya/bittermelon no seed sliced thinly,soaked in hot water.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- It’s of onion diced.
- You need of tomatoes cubed.
- Prepare of malunggay leaves.
- It’s of fish sauce.
- It’s of pork bouillon cube.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Optional: crushed chicharon and tinapa (smoked fish) flakes.
Pork Monggo step by step
- In a pot, boil washed mung beans in water (make sure beans are covered in water, add more whenever necessary to avoid burning) for 30-45 minutes or until soft/cooked. Set aside..
- Heat pan in oil and add garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Add tomatoes and dried shrimp cook for about 2-3 minutes.Add ampalaya/bitter melon or gourd that was soaked in hot water to remove bitterness (make sure to rinse and remove water from ampalaya). Set aside..
- In the same pan, add pork and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until all sides have browned. If the cut pork has fat, I like making sure the fat part is toasted to make it crunchy. Or just throw the pork in the air fryer to cook..
- Add cooked pork, garlic, onions, ampalaya/bittermelon, tomatoes, dried shrimp and pork cube to the pot with the cooked monggo beans and bring to a boil. Add fish sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat off. Add malunggay leaves and cover pot for another 5 minutes to let the residual heat cook the leaves..
- Serve with chicharon or tinapa flakes on top and with a side of steamed white rice..