Strawberry jam cookies. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. The Strawberry Jam Cookies recipe out of our category Cookie! Treasures that give extra points for Pink Bear Jellies.
Buttery, flaky shortbread filled with jam & sprinkled with powdered sugar. You can use any kind of jam that you prefer for these linzer cookies. Invert the bottom cookies and add strawberry jam. You can make Strawberry jam cookies using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry jam cookies
- You need 3/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 of zest of 1 orange.
- It’s 1 of strawberry jam.
Gently sandwich cookies together and let stand for several hours before serving. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Strawberry Cream Cookies Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I used Christmas jam to fill them.
Strawberry jam cookies Instructions
- Mix all the ingredients except for jam and chill covered for 1 hour.
- Make big balls out of dough (it will be sort of gooey) and spread on floured surface by hand until about 4 mm thick.
- Cut with a cup round circles and carefully transfer to a wax sheet on an oven tray (dough is very delicate).
- You can make pumpkin shapes like my halloween ones by simply carving the shape on half the circles you made.
- Put in oven 182°c for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread strawberry jam between 2 cookies and carefully stick them together. If you made pumpkin ones like mine use 1 uncarved cookie as a base to put the jam and squish a carved one over it.
- Enjoy as they are delicious :).
You can use any type of filling for these. Prepare the strawberries by wiping them with a piece of damp kitchen paper. (Wiping the strawberries rather than washing them ensures the fruit doesn 't absorb lots of water – too much water. Beat in the strawberry jam or fresh strawberry puree, mixing. wire racks. Cut half of cookie dough. the jelly or jam on low heat until melted. . any remaining. A delicious recipe for butter jam thumbprint cookies, featuring a melt-in-your-mouth, buttery cookie filled with strawberry jam and topped with a sprinkle with sparkling sugar.