Microwave Fresh Strawberry Jam.
You can create Microwave Fresh Strawberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Microwave Fresh Strawberry Jam
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh strawberries-washed, hulled and sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of powdered pectin (Sure-Jel).
Microwave Fresh Strawberry Jam Instructions
- Crush sliced berries with potato masher or bottom of glass- leave them coarse with some large pieces..
- Place berries into a 3 or 4 quart microwaveable bowl (nothing smaller as it can boil over)..
- Stir sugar and powdered pectin into berries making sure you blended them in well..
- Microwave on high 3-5 minutes until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Stir. Reduce power to 50% and microwave around another 5 minutes stirring occasionally until berry mixture begins to thicken to a medium syrup and coats back of spoon ( jam will thicken as it cools). Put into 2 clean 1/2 pint jars, or one pint jar. Refrigerate when cool..
- This makes roughly one pint of strawberry jam. It's texture is more like a thick syrup–great on ice cream. If you want thicker, add an additional tsp.of pectin–but try it this way first..