Pea Ham Hock Soup.
You can cook Pea Ham Hock Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pea Ham Hock Soup
- It’s 1 of ham hock fat trimmed rindless skin off.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen peas.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes,peeled cut in cube.
- It’s 2 of big carrots peeled and chopped.
- It’s 3 of celery stalks chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of seasoning powder.
- Prepare 2 L of water.
Pea Ham Hock Soup instructions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and celery, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots, potatoes, frozen peas, ham hock and seasoning powder mixed with 2 litres of water..
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes until vegetables are cooked and ham hock is very tender. Remove pan from heat. Remove ham hock and allow it to cool.
- Cut meat from the bone and shred finely..
- Blend the soup until smooth with a hand blender..
- Bring soup slowly back to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Add ham meat..