Mincemeat pie. A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called "mincemeat". Mincemeat is a classic pie flavor that traditionally contains fruit, pecans, brandy and citrus zest. Get our best mincemeat pie recipe here.
Mincemeat pie, also called mince pie, has occupied a prominent place on Britain's holiday table for centuries and that tradition continues today. Christmas without mince pies is unimaginable. Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. You can make Mincemeat pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat pie
- It’s of pie filling.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped cooked meat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of suet.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried currants or red currant jelly.
- You need 1/2 cup of candied citron.
- Prepare 1 pints of pared apples.
- It’s 1 cup of apple juice or apple cider.
- It’s 1 medium of lemon , the juice and zest I used a Meyer lemon.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tbsp of peach pickle juice.
- Prepare of crust.
- You need 2 of nine inch pie crust.
Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Mother made this a lot when I was growing up and she also made mincemeat cookies. Mincemeat developed as a way of preserving meat. Mince pies are a Christmas staple and this really easy mince pie recipe will soon become a family favourite.
Mincemeat pie Preparation
- Cook the meat till done I cook this in the suet.
- In a saucepan add all ingredients except crust and peach pickle juice.
- Cook slowly for 1 1/4 hours stirring frequently then add peach pickle juice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358090-sweet-pickled-peaches.
- Bake the bottom crust 30-35 minutes add filling cover with the other pie crust bake till top crust is done make sure to put steam vent holes in top of crust.
- Mine cooked in oven 6 inches off bottom of oven for 25 minutes.
Use your favourite mincemeat and dust with beautiful icing sugar for an impressive festive. These cute little Mince Pies, also known as Mincemeat Tarts, are made with a crisp and buttery pie pastry and a really good mincemeat. Take the top of every other strip and fold it back halfway. They brought home a variety of oriental spices. But why mince words when you can mince pie?